The information provided on this page is a general introduction to Automatic Identification System Aids to Navigation and is taken from the following documents. Note that links are provided only for documents that are available free of charge from the organization publishing them.
- On the Comparison of AIS Stations (IALA Guideline 1059, 2008) [Available in English only]
- Establishment of AIS as an Aid to Navigation (IALA Guideline 1062, 2008) [Available in English only]
- Provision of Virtual Aids to Navigation (IALA Guideline 1081, 2013) [Available in English only]
- Application of AIS AtoN on Buoys (IALA Guideline 1098, 2013) [Available in English only]
- Policy on Use of AIS Aids to Navigation (IMO MSC.1/Circ. 1473, 2014)
- Maritime Navigation and Radiocommunication Equipment and Systems - Presentation of the navigation-related information on shipborne navigational displays - General requirements, methods of testing and required test results (IEC 62288 Ed.2, 2014)
For additional information on AIS AtoN, please consult these references.
Please note that some documents are from organizations outside the Government of Canada, and therefore they may not be available in both official languages.
Report a problem on this page
- Date modified: